- 8 Superfoods That Dramatically Boost Health
- Secret Cell Plans: Savings Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint Don’t Want You to Know About
- Another Credit Card Scam, and 3 Ways to Protect Yourself
- 16 Handy Uses for Plastic Bottles and Jugs
- 7 Fast Ways to Raise Your Credit Score
- Have a Hankering for Super Fresh Food? 3 Great Options
The U.S. government’s monthly jobs report came out today, with some good signs.
The unemployment rate fell to 7.8 percent in September – the lowest in three and a half years.
Employers reported creating 114,000 new jobs, which is lower than the average monthly gain of 146,000 per month in 2012 but taken as a good sign after a summer of slower growth. (Although new revisions to those summer estimates showed we added more jobs than previously thought. This month’s number may be revised later, too.)
Health care was the fastest growing sector last month, adding 44,000 jobs.