- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
- How Losing Your Job Now Can Cost You Social Security Money Later
- Tax Hacks 2015: Avoid These 10 Common Filing Mistakes
While it may be tough to avoid summer drought price hikes at the grocery store, there’s good news for next year.
USA Today ran a story over the weekend announcing farms would soon have drought-resistant corn seeds…
Drought tolerance will be the latest gee-whiz addition to seed offerings, going beyond the pest and weed resistance made commonplace by the genetic biotech revolution. Iowa yields have increased around 35% to 40% since the late 1980s, helping satisfy a greater demand for corn for food, feed and fuel.
It’s not drought-proof – but it would’ve yielded up to 15 percent as much corn as this summer’s crop, and farmers will be able to buy it in a few months.