- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 7 Keys to Dodging Deadly Bacteria That Lurk in Your Food
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- Beating the Clock: 6 Tips for Getting Value From a Face-Lift
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- Top 25 Companies With the Most Work-From-Home Jobs
Reuters reports that film stars get pretty much the best swag bags ever, even if they don’t win Sunday night…
Among the items in the gift bags are trips to Australia, Hawaii and Mexico, personal training sessions, condoms, a bottle of tequila, hand-illustrated tennis shoes, appointments for injectable fillers and “portion-controlled” dinnerware for those watching their figure, Distinctive Assets said in a statement.
… [It] also includes an under-the-counter water filtration system, acupuncture and aromatherapy sessions, a one-week stay at a fitness and weight-loss retreat and a one-year membership to London’s Heathrow Airport’s private VIP service.
Distinctive Assets is a marketing firm that has done this every year for over a decade. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which runs the Oscars, used to give out gift baskets too. But they stopped when Uncle Sam started frowning at them.
Celebs are expected to report the prizes as income and pay taxes on them.