- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
- Best and Worst Things to Buy in March
- Americans Love Nordstrom, Costco and Amazon, And Then There’s Wal-Mart …
- 6 Ways to Make Cheap Foods Taste Delicious
Only a handful of Oscar nominees will leave with the coveted gold statuette on Sunday night, but rest assured – Oscar losers won’t leave the Academy Awards empty-handed.
This year’s “Everyone Wins at the Oscars Nominee Gift Bag” is overflowing with more than 50 gifts, worth a total of $85,000, said Business Insider.
This year’s Oscar bags are valued at nearly double the price of last year’s swag. Seem a little extravagant? Maybe. But Distinctive Assets, the Los Angeles-based marketing company that puts together the swanky gift bags, told BI that companies are lining up to have their products included in the swag bag, as it’s a great way to get your name and product line out to the public.
Here are some of the highlights of the 2014 Oscar Swag Bag:
- A $2,000 five-night stay at the Koloa Landing Resort in Hawaii.
- $5,000 in laser hair removal and cosmetic surgery from Ideal Image.
- A $9,000 trip to Las Vegas, complete with a meet and greet with Meat Loaf and Boyz II Men.
- A $15,000 walking tour around Japan.
- A $2,560 Steamist home spa system.
- A $6,850 Canadian Rockies trip.
The gifts also include the following few items that can only be described as, well, weird:
- $2,700 O-Shot procedure to stimulate a woman’s sex drive.
- $16,000 ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant System.
- $1,571.98 in electrolyte supplements for your dog.
- $120 pink and camo Mace pepper guns.
What do you think of the $85,000 Oscar swag bag? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.