This week: Becoming more confident, how to lower your taxes, what a year without clothes can do, unconventional ways to save, and getting ahead by lagging behind.
Want Wealth? Welcome to MTN.
I'm Stacy Johnson, founder of Money Talks News. For more than 20 years, our mission has been simple: to give people like you both the information and inspiration you need to destroy your debts, build your savings and accomplish your goals, whatever they are.
You can trust our advice: I've been offering money advice on TV for more than 20 years and publish my stock portfolio online. So check out a few articles and videos, then subscribe. It’s free, only takes a few seconds, and could change your life.
Including deals from Oakley Vault, Banana Republic, Costco, Home Depot, Target, Jos. A. Bank, H&M, L.L.Bean, Old Navy, Allen Edmonds and more.
Time Warner Cable is hiking fees on its modem leases and sports and local channels.
Beware: The new desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe requires you to upgrade — ponying up an extra $30 or $40 — if you need to report investment, self-employment or rental income, forms that used to be included in its deluxe software package.
A new report estimates that 1 million of the nation’s poorest residents will lose their food assistance as states return to former limits on who is eligible for food stamps as the economy improves.
Will these key components of the economy keep improving in 2015? We compare predictions from amateurs and experts.
In the material world in which we all live, it’s sometimes easy to feel like you’re suffering. Here are some simple tips to keep you focused, and more important, happy.
- 6 Ways to Keep Bad Credit From Killing a Small Business Dream
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
- ’99 Percent’ Did Well Last Year, But Still Lagged Wealthy
- What the Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Has to Do With the U.S. Economy
- 15 Ways to Save Big on Your Dream Wedding
- More Than One-Third of Wealthy Lack Estate Plans
- The Highest-Paid Celebrities in the World
- 13 Ways to Clip the Cost of Child Care
- Men Vs. Women: Who Brings More Debt to Relationships?
- More Than Half of Americans Delaying Life Decisions
- 7 Tips to Fly Hassle-Free With Your Pet
- Looking to Ditch Cable? Hulu’s Got a Deal for You
- 20 Odd Ways to Make Extra Money
- Supreme Court Upholds Health Insurance Subsidies
- The Cars That Best Retain Their Value
- 3 Out of 4 Americans Waste Food — and Money
- 11 Staging Tips to Help You Get Top Dollar When Selling Your Home
- Best (and Worst) Airports for Saving Time and Money
- 10 Characteristics of Wildly Successful People
- Almost Half of Couples Don’t Know This About Each Other