If you’re a typical Joe Blow, you’re paying a much bigger percentage of your income in taxes if you live in a state that lacks a graduated income tax and relies heavily on consumption taxes.
Want Wealth? Welcome to MTN.
I'm Stacy Johnson, founder of Money Talks News. For more than 20 years, our mission has been simple: to give people like you both the information and inspiration you need to destroy your debts, build your savings and accomplish your goals, whatever they are.
You can trust our advice: I've been offering money advice on TV for more than 20 years and publish my stock portfolio online. So check out a few articles and videos, then subscribe. It’s free, only takes a few seconds, and could change your life.
A recent report highlights the best (and worst) majors for giving graduates a chance of finding work.
There are better ways and worse ways to handle this sticky situation. Failing to file is the latter. The penalty for that is 10 times worse than it is for paying late.
A government goof may have 50,000 more people filing amended tax returns. Here are tips, no matter why you amend your return.
Even the most frugal pet owner needs to spend SOME money. The following tactics will help you stretch your funds to provide the best life you can afford for your animal companion.
All is not lost. Money saved for college can wait until the student is ready or be cashed in — for a price.
Including deals from Nordstrom, eBay, Microsoft Store, Olive Garden, Brookstone, That Daily Deal, Last Call, Shnoop, Crocs, Dell Home and more.
- 5 Myths About Women and Money
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ Turns 150: Enjoy the Classic, Plus Film and Digital Spinoffs for Free
- 5 Ways to Game Yourself Into Saving Cash
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half