- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Beating the Clock: 6 Tips for Getting Value From a Face-Lift
The New York Times reports on the trend…
“You don’t want to underutilize an asset,” [Boston Globe Publisher Christopher] Mayer said in an interview in his roomy office. “I have a building here that we can use for a variety of things. Bringing bands in, bringing events here, it reminds us and folks in the community what we do.” While it is unclear how much revenue these new ventures will bring in, he said the new relationships help energize the workplace.
A “variety of things” includes renting office space for tech startups. According to the article, The Los Angeles Times and other papers are doing the same.