- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
We recently wrote What’s Your City’s Favorite Cocktail? based on a study that included four categories: Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito, Margarita, and Tropical. Next year, they might have to add another one – Classic.
According to new research from Mintel.com, a market research firm, “Cocktails that are described as ‘classic’ on menus have increased by a whopping 76 percent since 2009.” That includes these…
“Bartenders and cocktail geeks are taking a very academic approach to mixing drinks, and many are learning the history and the evolution of iconic cocktails,” says Mintel senior analyst Kathy Hayden.
Mojitos, Mai Tais, and Margaritas are also more popular on menus, while Pina Colada and Daiquiri options have been disappearing. Mintel also found that some menus have started to claim some cocktails are “skinny” – to attract calorie-conscious women, Hayden suggests.
Water is a lot cheaper – and keeps you skinnier.