- 10 Public Employees Who Make More Money Than the President
- Go Figure: Starbucks offers $50 Gift Card — for $200
- 10 Ways Being Frugal Can Actually Cost You Money
- Estate-Planning Documents You Need Right Now
- Pay Someone to Do Your Taxes? New Study May Make You Reconsider
- Report: Millennials Relying Heavily on the ‘Bank of Mom and Dad’
We recently wrote What’s Your City’s Favorite Cocktail? based on a study that included four categories: Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito, Margarita, and Tropical. Next year, they might have to add another one – Classic.
According to new research from Mintel.com, a market research firm, “Cocktails that are described as ‘classic’ on menus have increased by a whopping 76 percent since 2009.” That includes these…
“Bartenders and cocktail geeks are taking a very academic approach to mixing drinks, and many are learning the history and the evolution of iconic cocktails,” says Mintel senior analyst Kathy Hayden.
Mojitos, Mai Tais, and Margaritas are also more popular on menus, while Pina Colada and Daiquiri options have been disappearing. Mintel also found that some menus have started to claim some cocktails are “skinny” – to attract calorie-conscious women, Hayden suggests.
Water is a lot cheaper – and keeps you skinnier.