- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 11 Ways to Turn Clutter Into Cash
We recently wrote What’s Your City’s Favorite Cocktail? based on a study that included four categories: Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito, Margarita, and Tropical. Next year, they might have to add another one – Classic.
According to new research from Mintel.com, a market research firm, “Cocktails that are described as ‘classic’ on menus have increased by a whopping 76 percent since 2009.” That includes these…
“Bartenders and cocktail geeks are taking a very academic approach to mixing drinks, and many are learning the history and the evolution of iconic cocktails,” says Mintel senior analyst Kathy Hayden.
Mojitos, Mai Tais, and Margaritas are also more popular on menus, while Pina Colada and Daiquiri options have been disappearing. Mintel also found that some menus have started to claim some cocktails are “skinny” – to attract calorie-conscious women, Hayden suggests.
Water is a lot cheaper – and keeps you skinnier.