Frequent customers of the bookstore chain might want to consider applying for this rewards credit card.
The Barnes & Noble MasterCard, issued by Barclaycard, offers great benefits for regular Barnes & Noble customers in addition to being a solid all-around cash-back credit card.
- First purchase bonus. Cardholders receive a $25 gift card after making just one purchase with the card.
- 1 percent cash back on purchases. Cardholders earn 1 percent cash back on all purchases, all year long.
- 5 percent cash back on Barnes & Noble purchases. Cardholders earn 5 percent cash back on all purchases made at Barnes & Noble locations or online.
- Earn gift cards periodically. For every $2,500 spent, the cardholder earns a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card.
- No annual fee. There’s no annual fee to use the card.
- Narrow rewards program. The card offers great cash-back rewards for frequent Barnes & Noble shoppers, but if you aren’t a big Barnes & Noble customer, then another cash-back card such as the Discover it would be a better choice.
- No introductory 0 percent APR period. The card does not offer a 0 percent APR period on purchases or balance transfers.
Get it if: You have good credit and want a credit card that offers good rewards for frequent Barnes & Noble purchases.
Forget it if: You have less than good credit, or want a credit card that offers a broader rewards program.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.