- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
The LifeMiles Visa Signature Card is a solid travel rewards credit card for people who fly Avianca Airlines, and allows cardholders to earn a significant amount of points upfront.
- Large first purchase bonus. The LifeMiles Visa Signature Card offers cardholders 20,000 bonus LifeMiles when they use the card for the first time.
- Anniversary bonus. The card offers 6,000 bonus LifeMiles each year that the cardholder renews the card.
- Earn LifeMiles for every purchase. The card offers one LifeMile for each dollar spent on any purchase, and two LifeMiles for each dollar spent on Avianca ticket purchases.
- Baggage discount. Cardholders receive a 50 percent excess baggage redemption discount, so they can save when checking additional bags.
- Visa Signature benefits. Cardholders benefit from the Visa Signature perks with this card, which include travel insurance, roadside dispatch, emergency assistance services, lost luggage reimbursement and more.
- Annual fee. The card charges an annual fee of $75 after the first year of card membership.
- Narrow rewards program. The card doesn’t offer the best rewards if you are not a frequent traveler of Avianca Airlines.
Get it if: You have excellent credit and frequently travel with Avianca Airlines.
Forget it if: You have less than excellent credit, or want a travel rewards credit card that isn’t limited to one airline.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.