- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
Barclaycard offers a credit card called the NFL Extra Points Card, which is geared specifically toward enthusiastic fans of the National Football League. As it turns out, the NFL Extra Points Card is a solid rewards card with a nice 0 percent introductory APR offer as well.
- Large first purchase bonus. Cardholders receive 10,000 points when they make their first purchase. This is equal to $100 cash back in the form of a statement credit.
- Earn points on all purchases. Cardholders earn two points for every dollar spent on NFL or team purchases, and one point per dollar spent on any other purchases. Points can be redeemed for merchandise, travel, NFL tickets, or cash-back statement credits. Points never expire.
- NFLShop.com discount. Cardholders receive a 20 percent discount when they use their NFL Extra Points Card to shop online at NFLShop.com.
- 0 percent introductory APR period. The card offers a 0 percent introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 12 months. After this period is up, the variable APR of between 13.74 percent and 22.74 percent applies.
- No annual fee. There is no annual fee to use the NFL Extra Points Card.
- Customized card image. The image on the front of your card can be themed to represent any one of the 32 NFL teams.
- Points are hard to earn if you’re not an NFL fan. Cardholders earn only one point per dollar spent on purchases not related to the NFL. This can make it difficult to accumulate rewards points quickly.
- Balance transfer fee. Although the card offers a solid 0 percent APR introductory period on balance transfers, it charges a 4 percent balance transfer fee on the amount of the transferred balance. This fee is higher than the standard 3 percent balance transfer fee you find on most cards.
- Foreign transaction fee. The card charges a 3 percent foreign transaction fee on all purchases made outside of the United States.
Get it if: You are a big-time NFL fan with great credit, and want to take advantage of the significant NFLShop.com discount as well as the double points on NFL purchases, in addition to the 12-month 0 percent introductory APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
Forget it if: You’re not the biggest fan of the NFL, or you have less than stellar credit.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.