- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- The 11 Best Foods to Buy When You’re Broke
- 6 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of ‘Food Fraud’
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Does This Budweiser Slogan Condone Date Rape?
- 5 Cheap Alternatives to Cell Phone Insurance
Corn is used in literally hundreds of food products. And oil is used not just in the production of food, but in getting it to market as well. So when you’ve got both corn and oil hitting all-time highs, you’re in for a painful experience when food shopping time rolls around. But there’s good news: while the ways to save on fuel are limited, there are hundreds of ways to save on food.
For this news story, we visited a local grocery store to show you a few simple but appetizing tips that will help the next time you go shopping. And if that’s not enough, we’ve got plenty more.
Watch the story below first, but if you want more ideas, see our list of 205 Ways to Save Money (the tips relating to food start at number 157) You can also do an internet search and immediately find hundreds of sites with thousands of ideas. And finally, your local library can hook you up with free books with even more ideas. Just a little “food for thought.”