With its high interest and fees, a pension advance could threaten your long-term security. The CFPB highlights three pension advance traps you need to avoid.
Search Results for cfpb
President Obama throws his weight behind new rules proposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to curb payday loan debt traps.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau estimates that 130,000 private student loans were initiated by Corinthian students from July 2011 to the present, with an outstanding balance of $569 million.
The federal regulator is warning consumers about using virtual currencies like bitcoins.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau filed suit against ITT Educational Services, accusing the for-profit company of making predatory loans to its students.
The CFPB has released a new online tool that allows people to sift through data on home loans made in their communities and compare it with other locations.
Do you understand how your credit card rewards work, and do you think they’re fair? The federal government is studying reward programs.
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know
- Tax-Free Weekends Help Take Sting Out of Back-to-School Costs
- Discover Slapped for Cheating 100,000+ Student Borrowers
- 10 Financial Moves That Keep You Sane During a Divorce
- Social Security Disability Funds May Run Out in 2016
- 26 of the Most Gratifying Cars to Drive
- Who Are The World’s 10 Wealthiest Couples?
- Avoid Getting Soaked by a Flood-Damaged Vehicle
- 7 Work-From-Home Hacks to Keep Your Job on Track