The settlement with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is over discrimination against Hispanic customers and practices used to sell credit card add-ons.
Search Results for cfpb
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says medical debt should be treated differently than other debt when calculating credit scores.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau filed suit against ITT Educational Services, accusing the for-profit company of making predatory loans to its students.
The CFPB has released a new online tool that allows people to sift through data on home loans made in their communities and compare it with other locations.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ordered BofA to pay fines and refund customers to settle claims that it cheated people with its marketing and billing practices for credit card add-on services.
Should it be OK to waive your right to sue your lender for wrongdoing? The CFPB is considering next steps for arbitration agreements in the fine print.
Do you understand how your credit card rewards work, and do you think they’re fair? The federal government is studying reward programs.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is preparing some new rules to reform the payday loan industry.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants Americans to have free, regular access to their credit scores.
Despite political hurdles, the federal watchdog agency has made many changes to the way financial companies operate.
The Bipartisan Policy Center says there are several things the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau could do better. What do you think?
Some Republicans are trying to stop the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from operating, despite the protections and money it’s won back for wronged consumers.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says the Credit CARD Act has reduced fees for late payments and overlimit purchases.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau tells employers that prepaid cards, which often come loaded with fees, can’t be employees’ only option for being paid.
President Obama isn’t done wrangling with Republicans over consumer rights, and wants Richard Cordray to stay.
A new report cites a variety of consumer complaints about the way servicers communicate and process payments.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants to take a role in overseeing student loan companies to make sure borrowers are treated fairly.
Next year, it’ll become more expensive and harder to qualify for a mortgage. If you’re sitting on the fence, now’s the time to get off it.
Did you purchase any kind of extra credit protection or credit score monitoring? You may be getting some money back soon.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau studied the impact of new regulations on how much people pay in overdraft fees. It’s still a lot.
- 12 Words Never to Say to Your Insurance Company
- Finding Help With Your Student Loans
- Shopping for a Home? Beware These 17 Flaws
- Today’s Deals: Wednesday, Jul. 23
- Ask Stacy: Can I Erase Myself From the Web?
- Millennials Say Yes to Cash, No to Stocks
- Hundreds of Nude Photos Recovered From ‘Wiped’ Phones
- 15 Smartphone Apps That Can Make You Money
- 7 Ways to Go to the Movies for Free
- One Court Ruling Shoots Down Obamacare, Another Backs It Up
- Worried You’ll Outlive Your Money? There’s Insurance for That
- Finding Help With Your Student Loans
- Free Credit Scores: Help or Hindrance?
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- 10 Ideas to Cut Your Travel Costs by 50 Percent
- 4 Steps to Get Debt Collectors Off Your Back
- Why Your Next Boat Should be Someone Else’s
- The Secrets of Buying and Selling for Profit
- How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business
- 9 Ways to Eat Free (No, We’re Not Nuts!)
- How to Hire a Housecleaner
- You Can Stop Paying for Cable TV Now
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging
- 10 Dumb Deals We All Fall For
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in July
- Selling Your Home? 18 Ways to Kick Up the Curb Appeal
- Confused by IRAs and 401(k)’s ? Roth and Regular Accounts Made Simple
- 6 Things You Should Check Before Buying a Used Car, But Don’t
- 5 Ways to Cut the Cost of Dental Care in Half
- 3 Simple Steps to Save at Least 10 Percent on Everything
- Should You Buy a Franchise?