The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says the Credit CARD Act has reduced fees for late payments and overlimit purchases.
Search Results for cfpb
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau tells employers that prepaid cards, which often come loaded with fees, can’t be employees’ only option for being paid.
This bank owes $31.5 million in customer refunds and fines because it didn’t bother to clear up mistakes on customer deposits.
This week: Why some hate the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, why you underestimate costs, the best and worst generic buys, advanced dumpster diving and yard sale etiquette.
One company was ordered to repay $33 million to consumers who were deceived by a program promising thousands in savings on interest.
The bank is ordered to pay a fine and refund money to thousands of borrowers for committing an array of debt collection violations.
Find out if you’re owed a chunk of the $700 million the company must pay back for its dodgy marketing and billing tactics.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- What it Really Takes to Just Get By in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?
- Ask Stacy: The Market Looks Scary – Should I Sell My Stocks Now?
- Clean Energy Tax Credits Mostly Benefit the Wealthy, Report Says
- These 5 Industries Offer the Best 401(k) Plans