At-risk homeowners who modified their mortgages through HAMP to help them stave off foreclosure have a new problem: looming interest rate increases.
Search Results for mortgage
The rules for buying the most common reverse mortgages are changing to protect borrowers. That’s a mixed blessing, though, and not everyone’s covered.
So-called “green” mortgages are one of the banking industry’s best-kept secrets. These loans help homeowners finance more energy-efficient homes. How come you’ve never heard of them?
First-time homebuyers can save up to $10,000 on their FHA home loan by taking a homeownership class.
In the market for a mortgage? Here are seven simple actions you can take to tip the application process in your favor.
Is there a way to pay off a 30-year mortgage in seven years by using sophisticated techniques involving a home equity line of credit? No, but the people behind these programs are hoping you’ll believe it.
Adjustable-rate mortgages are coming back in a big way. The hook is a low monthly payment to start, but you’re playing with fire as the interest rate rises.
A new report details what your paycheck can buy in 27 cities across the country.
If you’re thinking of buying real estate, read this before plunging in. These mortgage-buying tips will save you money and heartache.
Although the number of underwater homes has declined by half, data show that homes in the lowest price range are still drowning disproportionately in negative equity.
Some would say that subprime loans are back. But they’re not like the subprime loans that gained notoriety during the housing bust.
When you’re borrowing big, like for a mortgage, even a tiny difference in interest can mean big bucks over time. So what’s the best way to find the best deal?
The concern is that many boomers are using reverse mortgages to drain their home equity too early, leaving them nothing to fall back on in 15 or 20 years.
Today’s rapid growth in the price of homes has some people talking about a housing “bubble” again.
The CFPB has released a new online tool that allows people to sift through data on home loans made in their communities and compare it with other locations.
An increased number of houses for sale, a strengthening labor market and low mortgage rates helped drive home sales in May.
Banking industry representatives say smaller lenders may not be able to handle new rules designed to make mortgages safer for consumers, which could hurt potential homebuyers. Are they right?
Want to get rid of the mortgage ASAP and pay as little interest as possible in the meantime? Here’s what you need to know.
Sharon Cece borrowed $10,000 in student loans in 2004 to finish her bachelor’s degree. Seven years later, she discovered she owed $11,060.
Buying a home? Don’t kill your mortgage before it gets approved.
- 12 Words Never to Say to Your Insurance Company
- Finding Help With Your Student Loans
- Shopping for a Home? Beware These 17 Flaws
- Today’s Deals: Wednesday, Jul. 23
- Ask Stacy: Can I Erase Myself From the Web?
- Millennials Say Yes to Cash, No to Stocks
- Hundreds of Nude Photos Recovered From ‘Wiped’ Phones
- 15 Smartphone Apps That Can Make You Money
- 7 Ways to Go to the Movies for Free
- One Court Ruling Shoots Down Obamacare, Another Backs It Up
- Worried You’ll Outlive Your Money? There’s Insurance for That
- Why Corporations Pay Less Taxes than You
- Finding Help With Your Student Loans
- Free Credit Scores: Help or Hindrance?
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- 10 Ideas to Cut Your Travel Costs by 50 Percent
- 4 Steps to Get Debt Collectors Off Your Back
- Why Your Next Boat Should be Someone Else’s
- The Secrets of Buying and Selling for Profit
- How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business
- 9 Ways to Eat Free (No, We’re Not Nuts!)
- How to Hire a Housecleaner
- You Can Stop Paying for Cable TV Now
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging
- 10 Dumb Deals We All Fall For
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in July
- Selling Your Home? 18 Ways to Kick Up the Curb Appeal
- Confused by IRAs and 401(k)’s ? Roth and Regular Accounts Made Simple
- 6 Things You Should Check Before Buying a Used Car, But Don’t
- 5 Ways to Cut the Cost of Dental Care in Half
- 3 Simple Steps to Save at Least 10 Percent on Everything