The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants prepaid card users to have financial protections similar to those enjoyed by consumers who have bank accounts and credit cards.
Search Results for prepaid cards
These cards have lower fees and better terms than they did a few years ago, but they do have drawbacks.
Parents like to use these cards to give allowances or emergency cash to older kids, but they have other uses that probably haven’t occurred to you.
Prepaid cards are known for coming with a lot of fees — but some aren’t so bad, Consumer Reports says.
Prepaid payroll cards can make money for banks, and save money for the employers who use them, but they come with heavy fees for employees, many of whom are already earning low wages.
One of the most sophisticated cybercrime attacks ever was pulled off with the help of ‘cashing crews’ that accessed massive numbers of ATMs.
The ripoffs are the same old deal, but now MoneyPak is an acceptable method to part you from your money.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?