Prepaid credit cards are convenient, but high fees make them a costly choice.
Search Results for prepaid cards
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants prepaid card users to have financial protections similar to those enjoyed by consumers who have bank accounts and credit cards.
Prepaid cards are known for coming with a lot of fees — but some aren’t so bad, Consumer Reports says.
Prepaid payroll cards can make money for banks, and save money for the employers who use them, but they come with heavy fees for employees, many of whom are already earning low wages.
The company’s partnering with American Express to offer a new option: Bluebird. See how its fees stack up to the others.
These cards have lower fees and better terms than they did a few years ago, but they do have drawbacks.
Prepaid cards can be a useful alternative to credit cards and checking accounts, but they vary radically in cost and convenience. Here’s what to look for.
The ripoffs are the same old deal, but now MoneyPak is an acceptable method to part you from your money.
From lawyers to calling cards, prepaid services can be convenient. But they’re not always cost-effective. Here are four you might be better off avoiding.
Parents like to use these cards to give allowances or emergency cash to older kids, but they have other uses that probably haven’t occurred to you.
Prepaid cards are a way to train your teen to use plastic responsibly without the risks of credit cards. Just get one with the lowest possible fees.
One of the most sophisticated cybercrime attacks ever was pulled off with the help of ‘cashing crews’ that accessed massive numbers of ATMs.
The Kardashian sisters may have put the kabosh on their high-fee credit card, but a slew of new celebrity/cartoon cards have just hit the market – and the fees aren’t too much better.
If you’re a frequent user of PayPal, this prepaid debit card has some great features.
When it was time for her first paycheck, she was given a prepaid debit card that came with a host of fees instead.
Your college-bound child will benefit greatly from knowing about these basic money tools. And so will you.
Users of the Approved Card are being urged to spend their remaining money on the plastic before July 1.
Justin Bieber has become the latest celebrity to enter the prepaid debit card market. Here’s what you should know before you offer to foot the bill.
Getting Social Security payments by prepaid debit card or direct deposit hasn’t worked out well for all recipients.
Last year, who would have predicted credit card use would drop and debit card use would rise? Well, we did, actually. So here are predictions for next year.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- 18 Christmas Gifts for the Travel Lover on Your List
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Dec. 20
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The Most Irritating Airline Passengers Have Been Identified
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way