- 10 Things You Should Know about Joining Finances in Marriage
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- 15 Ways to Never Pay Full Price for Anything
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
- Employees’ Choice: 8 Worst U.S. Companies as Employers
- 8 Surefire Ways to Get Anyone to Like You in 90 Seconds
The NYSE has been sold to IntercontinentalExchange. (Let’s pronounce the merged company as “Nice Ice.”) CNN Money explains…
Trading stocks has been overshadowed in recent years by the growing importance of derivatives and options. Atlanta-based ICE, which operates commodities and derivatives markets around the world, has a larger market value than NYSE Euronext, even though it is not as well known by the general public.
The combined company will have headquarters in Atlanta as well as New York, and NYSE shareholders will hold slightly more than a third of its stock.