- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
- How Losing Your Job Now Can Cost You Social Security Money Later
- Tax Hacks 2015: Avoid These 10 Common Filing Mistakes
From the University of Washington, where the research was conducted…
[Researcher Werner] Kaminsky used a process called X-ray crystallography to figure out the exact structure of those [beer] acids, humulone molecules and some of their derivatives, produced from hops in the brewing process. That structure is important to researchers looking for ways to incorporate those substances, and their health effects, into new pharmaceuticals.
That doesn’t mean you should go guzzle down a six-pack – figuring out the structure is only step one. Now researchers need to figure out which elements have positive effects and try them out in medicines.