- Will Obamacare Complicate Your Taxes? Not Likely
- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- 5 Things to Think About Before Going to Back to School After Age 50
- Prepare For Takeoff! Top Picks in Airline Credit Cards
- 12 Commonly Overlooked Expenses That Are Ruining Your Budget
[Five Cent Nickel] Graduation season starts today at many colleges around the country, mostly wrapping up a few more Fridays from now. Money Talks News has already delved into this topic (Happy Graduation! Here’s a Toilet Brush), but here are some more clever ideas, ranging from “a school memory book” to “a small, strong box.”
[Frugal Dad] Sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words. This graphic shows you how much it costs when you get sick – and then it goes nuts and shows you what would happen if a flu pandemic broke out. Conclusion: Should you survive, you’ll be broke.
[The Simple Dollar] These really cool graphics seem to be a trend these days, so here’s another that illustrates the signs of burnout and stress – and then draws solutions.
[Get Rich Slowly] What happens after you make it big? Here’s one woman’s story about how she neglected to pay her taxes and find a good accountant. The ending isn’t exactly happy, but it’s not depressing, either: “I do have a few regrets, but I still had a great run while it lasted!”
[Good Financial Cents] Speaking of stress and making and losing fortunes, here’s how to avoid all those problems. While I don’t necessarily agree with the first tip (“Turn off the news”), the others are solid. My favorite is “Do money dialogue.” Check it out.