- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- The ABCs of Selecting a Medicare Supplement Plan
[Wise Bread] Here’s a fun summer read that had some entries on it I didn’t understand at first (It’s A Wonderful Life?) until I read the explanations. And while there are some real stinkers on the list (The Money Pit), there are some real winners too (Casino).
[SecondAct] I’m a fan of farmers markets, but I’m certainly no fanatic about them. But for those who are, here’s a list of half a dozen famous ones – from New York to Florida to California.
[Mint] I’ve written about some of these separately – from rental cars to hotels – but this is a funny, concise list of the biggest travel ripoffs out there. My favorite fee to hate: hotel Internet fees.
[The Dough Roller] This lengthy, detailed post explains the hidden pitfalls to an otherwise easy and important process: Moving your retirement money safely. There’s even a pro-con list of three major brokers.
[The Digerati Life] With CEOs getting bonuses while ordering layoffs, and with the bank bailout still leaving a bad taste in our mouths, it’s refreshing (and timely) to see a list of the super-rich who donate millions to good causes.