- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- 10 Ways to Eat Healthier Without Paying More
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- Tax Hacks 2015: Avoid These 10 Common Filing Mistakes
Quartz traces the history of the form we’re most familiar with, the 1040…
The 77 numbered lines on the current version of Internal Revenue Service Form 1040 range from filing status (single, married, etc.) to the filer’s residential energy credit (attach form 5695!). In just the last 20 years, the length of the form has increased 21%, up from 65 lines in 1991.
It was once just eight lines. Check the link to see what the form’s looked like over the past century.