One East Coast city ranks as the most romantic in America, according to Amazon.com sales. But it probably is not the locale you have in mind.
Alexandria, Virginia, is the most romantic city in the United States, if Amazon.com sales are any indication.
The city located outside the nation’s capital again earned the No. 1 spot on Amazon’s annual ranking of the most romantic cities. Amazon says Alexandria sits at the pinnacle again “after five heartbreaking years away from the top spot.”
Amazon.com is the world’s largest online retailer, according to data from the National Retail Federation.
The publicly traded company compiles its list of the most romantic cities based on per capita sales data from cities with a population of more than 100,000. The sales data include purchases of:
- Romance novels and relationship books (both Kindle and print)
- Romantic comedy movies (DVDs and digital)
- A a curated list of romantic music, including artists such as Barry White, Maxwell, Miguel and Luther Vandross (CDs and MP3 format);
- Sexual wellness products
In addition to Alexandria, a few other cities in this year’s top 20 stand out based on Amazon’s findings:
- Knoxville, Tennessee, has ranked in the top three for five consecutive years now.
- Miami purchased the most sexual wellness products.
- Four cities in Washington state made the list: Vancouver, Everett, Seattle and Bellevue.
Las Vegas might also be known as Sin City, but it fell out of the top 20 this year.
The top 20 cities are:
- Alexandria, Virginia
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Orlando, Florida
- Vancouver, Washington
- Columbia, South Carolina
- Round Rock, Texas
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Salt Lake City
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Everett, Washington
- Gainesville, Florida
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Rochester, New York
- Dayton, Ohio
- Bellevue, Washington
If you are still shopping for Valentine’s Day, check out:
- “Quick Links to Amazon’s Valentine’s Day Deals“
- “Picked With Love: How to Get the Very Best Value on Valentine’s Flowers“
- “7 Cheap Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Dog“
Will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day this year? Let us know how below or on our Facebook page.