- Will Obamacare Complicate Your Taxes? Not Likely
- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- 5 Things to Think About Before Going to Back to School After Age 50
- 12 Commonly Overlooked Expenses That Are Ruining Your Budget
- Prepare For Takeoff! Top Picks in Airline Credit Cards
If you’re starting college this year – or paying for someone who is – you’re no doubt well aware of the high cost of higher education. Well, it could be worse. Unless, that is, you’re paying tuition to the most expensive college in the United States: Middlebury College in Vermont.
To ease that tuition pain, here’s the list of America’s 25 most expensive schools according to this CampusGrotto.com article. Note the numbers below are for tuition only. Include the cost of room and board, and Sarah Lawrence (No. 4 below) tops the list at a whopping $56,420.
Highest Annual Tuition 2010-2011
|1. Middlebury College||$45,185|
|2. Connecticut College||$43,990|
|3. The George Washington University||$42,860|
|4. Sarah Lawrence College||$42,600|
|5. Vassar College||$42,560|
|6. Bucknell University||$42,112|
|7. Wesleyan University||$41,814|
|8. St. John’s College||$41,792|
|9. University of Richmond||$41,610|
|10. Colgate University||$41,585|
|11. Union College (NY)||$41,571|
|12. Carnegie Mellon University||$41,500|
|13. Oberlin College||$41,234|
|14. Williams College||$41,190|
|15. Dickinson College||$41,170|
|16. Bard College at Simon’s Rock||$41,160|
|17. Columbia University||$41,160|
|18. Bowdoin College||$41,150|
|19. Bates College||$41,120|
|20. Franklin & Marshall College||$41,090|
|21. Carleton College||$41,076|
|22. Gettysburg College||$41,070|
|23. Reed College||$40,940|
|24. St. Lawrence University||$40,905|
|25. Hamilton College||$40,870|
Whether your college is one of the nation’s most expensive or not, however, there are tons of ways to save. We’ve written so much about it, it’s practically a college course.
- 6 Tips to Pay Less for a College Degree
- 8 Smart Ways to Save on Textbooks
- When a High School Diploma Beats a College Degree
- 5 Saving Tips From a Starving Student
- 25 Bizarre Scholarships
And that’s the tip of the iceberg. Check out our College Section for more.