- 16 Handy Uses for Plastic Bottles and Jugs
- 11 Ways to Nail Savings on Your Remodeling Project
- How to Get a Grip on Your Retirement Savings and Security
- The U.S. Park Where You Can Find Big Diamonds
- 6 Ways to Save on Trips to Spectacular U.S. National Parks
- 10 Ways Being Frugal Can Actually Cost You Money
The Christian Science Monitor has an ingenious explainer for the fiscal cliff which uses Stones lyrics. Here’s the first part…
“I was born in a cross-fire hurricane” (from “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” 1968)
How did this fiscal cliff originate, anyway? Basically, in a gathering storm of partisan disagreement. For years,Republicans in Congress have resisted the idea of tax hikes as a way to close federal deficits. And Democrats have resisted Republican ideas on reducing the size of government by curbing some types of federal spending.
Check out the whole thing. It’s in plain English, and pretty clever. Here’s some background music for reading it.