- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
You probably didn’t notice since we’re only a week into 2013, but United already tried to raise fares, according to USA Today…
On Thursday, United and its partner Air Canada increased fares system-wide by $2 to $5 each way depending on the length of the flight. Delta Air Lines matched the increase.
But Southwest didn’t, and apparently that’s a big deal. The offending airlines quickly backed down and dropped most fares to the original prices.
Competition is a beautiful thing – you might say it keeps airlines from being United.