Read These Next
We recently ran a story called “10 Secret Strategies to Save Big Bucks at Amazon,” but I just uncovered what could be the 11th.
Intuit, maker of TurboTax, is potentially offering hundreds of dollars you can spend at Amazon. This deal will make sense for those getting a big federal tax refund, are doing their taxes with TurboTax, and don’t mind diverting a chunk of it into Amazon gifts cards.
Here’s the deal in a nutshell
If you’re willing to convert part of your tax refund into gift cards from Amazon, TurboTax will add 5 percent to it if you use their Basic or Federal Free products, 10 percent if you use their Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Military editions.
The max they’ll give you in gift cards is $10,000.
Click one of the following links to TurboTax:
- TurboTax Federal Free Edition (5 percent bonus)
- TurboTax Basic (5 percent bonus)
- TurboTax Deluxe (10 percent bonus)
- TurboTax Premier (10 percent bonus)
- TurboTax Home & Business (10 percent bonus)
Here are the details of the deal, from the TurboTax website:
When you’re ready to file
- Use any increment of $100 from your federal tax refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card.
- TurboTax will give you an extra 5 percent on your gift card if you are using Federal Free Edition or Basic.
- TurboTax will give you an extra 10 percent on your gift card if you are using Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business or Military Edition.
- For example, if you file with TurboTax Deluxe, you can use $500 of your refund to receive a $550 Amazon.com Gift Card.
- As soon as your refund is available, we’ll email you your Amazon.com Gift Card claim code.
- Shop on Amazon.com for almost everything — including groceries!
Amazon.com Gift Card offer is for federal refunds only. Limits apply ($2,000 per e-card, maximum $10,000 per customer).
Offer available only for TurboTax Online or CD/download versions sold and shipped, or downloaded directly from Intuit or Amazon.
Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.com Gift Cards (“GCs”) sold by Intuit, an authorized and independent reseller of Amazon.com Gift Cards. Except as required by law, GCs cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
If you decide to use this deal, let your fellow readers know how it goes by leaving a comment below or on our Facebook page.