Veterans and active-duty military personnel can snag free meals starting today. Plus, everyone gets into national parks and other public lands for free this weekend.
I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless, but a handful offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize for you here.
Veterans Day isn’t till Friday, Nov. 11, but I wanted to give you a heads-up on the holiday’s deals. Some start as early as today, and others go through Tuesday, Nov. 15!
- National Parks: Free admission [11/11 – 11/13].
- National System of Public Lands: Free admission [11/11 – 11/13].
- The Bands and Ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces’ Veterans Day Honor: 2009 album [expiration unknown]. This 12-song freebie probably won’t be free for long, so download it ASAP.
Avenue (plus sizes for her): Up to 40 percent off select items in stores [expiration unknown] and online (use code AV111313) [through 11/15].
- Bon-Ton (department store): Up to an additional 20 percent off sale-priced items in store (print first) and online (use code VETSDAYNV11) [11/8 – 11/10].
- Fabric: Up to 50 percent of fabric during the Veterans Day Sale at Hancock Fabric online [11/7 – 11/11].
- Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts: Various deals in stores and online [through 11/12].
- Lord & Taylor (department store): Up to an additional 20 percent off full- and sale-priced items in stores (print first) and online (use code NOV) [11/8 – 11/14].
- Mattresses: Up to 60 percent off at Sears [through 11/12].
- Off 5th (Saks Fifth Avenue’s outlet store): Up to 50 percent off in stores [11/9 – 11/15].
- Things Remembered (personalizable gifts and engraving): Free 11/11/11 date engraving in stores and online (use code 111111) [through 11/11].
For veterans and other military personnel
Note that most of these offers require a military ID or other proof of service.
- Applebee’s: Free signature entree when you dine in [11/11 only].
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s: Free meal with the purchase of an entree [11/11 only].
- Famous Dave’s Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que: Offers vary by state [11/11 only].
- Friendly’s: Free kids meal with the purchase of an adult entree (print first) [11/11 – 11/13].
- Golden Corral: Free dinner from 5 to 9 p.m. (no ID required) [11/14 only].
- Hooter’s: Free wings all day with the purchase of a drink [11/11 only].
- McCormick and Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants: Free entree from a special menu (for veterans only; reservation and ID required) [11/13 only].
- Olive Garden: Free entree from a special menu when you dine in [11/11 only].
- Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion appetizer and Coca-Cola [11/7 – 11/11].
- Sizzler: Free 6-ounce steak entree with the purchase of an entree [11/11 only].
- T.G.I. Friday’s: Free entree with the purchase of one entree when you dine in [11/11 only].
- Tijuana Flats: 50 percent off [11/11 only].
- Twin Peaks Restaurant: Free entree up to $10 [11/11 only].
- Uno Chicago Grill: 20 percent off your entire order (except alcohol) – no matter how many non-military family or friends dine with you [11/7 – 11/11].
- Audubon Nature Institute parks (in New Orleans only): Free admission to Audubon Zoo, Audubon Insectarium, or Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, for you and up to four guests [11/11 only].
- Knott’s amusement parks (in California only): Free admission for you and one non-military guest [through 11/24].
Plus, visit our Freebies page for free admission to Anheuser-Busch theme parks all year.
- 7-Eleven: Free small Slurpee [11/11 only, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.].
- Beds: Up to $700 off select Sleep Number bed sets [through 11/20].
- Family Dollar: 10 percent off your or your family’s entire purchase in stores (print first) [11/11 – 11/13].
- Free Hugo-brand walking cane: At Sam’s Club stores – but you don’t have to be a club member to get the freebie (for veterans only) [11/9 – 11/11]. Only 36,000 free canes will be given out, so don’t wait to claim one.
- Sports Authority: 15 percent off your entire purchase in stores (print first) [11/11 only].