- 10 Things You Should Know about Joining Finances in Marriage
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
- Deals and Steals: What to Buy in July
- Employees’ Choice: 8 Worst U.S. Companies as Employers
- 8 Surefire Ways to Get Anyone to Like You in 90 Seconds
- America’s Best Loved — and Most Loathed — Fast-Food Chains
Here’s a question from Marisa
I have been trying to find a way to ask a very pressing question. I am searching for a safe, less painful way to best consolidate my credit card debt. I checked with a few companies like United Financial Systems and like Capital Debt Relief…… I am very hesitant. I checked with Rip-Off Report.com and they blasted these 2 companies and being true ripoffs. What can I do…… I am so disheartened and want to make my credit standing right again.
Here’s your answer, Marisa
First, congratulations on at least two fronts: first, for seeking help to make your credit right again. And second, for taking the time to investigate the people you chose to do it.
Now, as for an answer: because our stories are often pushed down the page as new ones arrive, it’s easy miss ones that might help. But we did a story not long ago that will really help with picking out the right credit counseling agency: Finding Help: Credit Counseling
I’ve been dealing with various credit counseling agencies in various capacities for nearly 20 years: that story will help you find the agencies I recommend.
And one last thing: so you won’t miss any of our stories in the future, subscibe to our newsletter!