- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- Are Your Kids Brats? That Could Pay Off in the Long Run
Says The Washington Examiner…
The DC Taxicab Commission is set to approve emergency regulations at its Jan. 24 meeting that will require cabs to either install credit card swipers or sign up with a digital dispatch service, like UberTAXI or MyTaxi, which accept riders’ credit cards via smartphone.
They had planned to require it eventually, but sped up the process because “the playing field has changed.” The city still plans to add panic buttons and GPS devices at a later date.