- Don’t Buy These 7 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: 6 Things Sneaky Tax Preparers Won’t Tell You
- Will Obamacare Complicate Your Taxes? Not Likely
- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- How to Find Old Online Accounts and Destroy Them
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
A HealthDay News article looks at new research analyzing the benefits of water exercise. Apparently it’s just as good as an aerobic workout on land…
The finding is good news for people who are overweight, have arthritis or other joint problems or injuries, the researchers said.
“If you can’t train on land, you can train in the water and have the same benefits in terms of improving aerobic fitness,” Dr. Martin Juneau, director of prevention at the Montreal Heart Institute, said in a Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada news release.
Because of the resistance of water when you move, it may seem as if you can’t exercise as hard as you can on land. This study, however, found that’s not the case.
The study has not yet been published, so the data are considered preliminary for now.