- 10 Public Employees Who Make More Money Than the President
- 10 Ways Being Frugal Can Actually Cost You Money
- Go Figure: Starbucks offers $50 Gift Card — for $200
- Estate-Planning Documents You Need Right Now
- Pay Someone to Do Your Taxes? New Study May Make You Reconsider
- Report: Millennials Relying Heavily on the ‘Bank of Mom and Dad’
With all the turmoil in the market, how about a fun blast from the past? “What Makes Us Tick” is a cartoon produced in 1952 by Sutherland Productions and sponsored by the New York Stock Exchange. Following the story of John Q. Public, a “Joe The Plumber” from the 50’s, it gives an overview of how companies go public, how trades work, and why the NYSE is the only place to put your money (don’t necessarily follow that advice). Still, there’s plenty of good information for anyone seeking a better grasp on what stocks are and where they come from. So… take your mind of the upcoming recession for a few minutes, and enjoy this financial trip back to 1952.
Released under the Creative Commons License: Public Domain as part of the Prelinger Archives of the Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division