- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
With all the turmoil in the market, how about a fun blast from the past? “What Makes Us Tick” is a cartoon produced in 1952 by Sutherland Productions and sponsored by the New York Stock Exchange. Following the story of John Q. Public, a “Joe The Plumber” from the 50’s, it gives an overview of how companies go public, how trades work, and why the NYSE is the only place to put your money (don’t necessarily follow that advice). Still, there’s plenty of good information for anyone seeking a better grasp on what stocks are and where they come from. So… take your mind of the upcoming recession for a few minutes, and enjoy this financial trip back to 1952.
Released under the Creative Commons License: Public Domain as part of the Prelinger Archives of the Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division