- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- What to Do With College Savings if the Student Decides Against College
- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
MarketWatch declares, “The stock market loves President Barack Obama. With all its cheating heart, and all its mercenary soul.” Don’t believe it?
You could look it up. The S&P 500 has gained 76% since his inauguration in January 2009, while the Nasdaq 100 is up 128%.
Compare that to the S&P 500’s 13% decline and the Nasdaq 100’s 45% wipeout in the first term of his predecessor, George W. Bush; or the mere 25% gain in the first term of conservative icon Ronald Reagan; or even the 60% gain in the halcyon early 1990s in the first term of Bill Clinton.
The staggering advance of the market is probably one of Obama’s greatest accomplishments, and yet, in a rich irony, political sensitivities prevent him from bragging about it.
The article goes on to detail which stocks have been performing well under Obama – and some might surprise even Obama supporters. Drug and insurance companies? Construction? Things could change and it’s all dependent on your tolerance for risk, but the analysis is worth a look.