- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
HealthDay News says they may be equally bad…
“If the texting person in the car gets into a crash, they know it’s their fault,” [researcher Beth Ebel] said. “Texters are not looking before they cross the street, they are not crossing with the light, they are walking more slowly and they are not looking at traffic. They are putting themselves at risk; they are putting the car that hits them at risk.”
The research published by Ebel and others says texting pedestrians are four times as likely than normal to do something unsafe. They studied crosswalk behavior at 20 “high-risk” intersections among over 1,000 people.