- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 11 Ways to Turn Clutter Into Cash
Reuters’ checks of McDonald’s restaurants in more than a dozen U.S. cities found that franchisees sell the McDouble for $1.09 in San Francisco, $1.19 in Los Angeles, $1.80 in Kodiak, Alaska and $1.89 in New York City.
The McDouble was not even offered on menus at restaurants Reuters visited in Chicago and Boston, but was available on request for $1.29 and $1.49, respectively.
Rising beef prices are making it a bigger loss unless customers pair it with profitable options like fries and soda. The $1 cheeseburger has as much meat as a Big Mac, which costs more that three times as much.