Want to earn an A-plus in saving money? Select a streaming service that offers a price break for students.
A handful of streaming services offer student discounts that can range as high as 70% off the standard price.
- Discovery+: Students are eligible for the Discovery+ Ad-Lite plan at just $2.99 month, a 40% savings. The discount price continues for as long as your student enrollment status remains verified, with reverification necessary every 12 months. The subscription includes a seven-day free trial for those enrolled at a U.S. Title IV accredited college or university. Only new Discovery+ subscribers are eligible.
- Hulu: Students get 70% off the ad-supported plan, making the cost just $1.99 per month. Student enrollment must be verified. New and existing Hulu-billed subscribers are eligible if they are enrolled at a U.S. Title IV accredited college or university and meet verification qualifications.
- Paramount+: Students are eligible for 25% off an Essential monthly subscription. The discount is available to college or university students who are currently enrolled at an accredited, Title IV higher education institution, and you’ll keep the discounted price for four years after verification of your student status, even if you graduate during that time.
- Amazon Prime Video: This service is free with an Amazon Prime subscription — and students are eligible for 50% off their Prime subscription.
- Spotify: Students are eligible for Spotify Premium Student at $4.99 a month. That compares to $9.99 a month or more for the other Premium plans. Even better, Premium Student includes access to Hulu’s ad-supported plan and Showtime. Finally, students who haven’t tried Premium in the past can get one month free.
- YouTube Premium: Students are eligible for one free month, and then pay $6.99 a month instead of the normal $11.99 a month. Student memberships are good for a maximum of four years, and you must reverify your eligibility each year.
Looking for more streaming options? Whether or not you are a student, you can save on streaming by picking the right service. For more, check out: