April 22 marks the 48th anniversary of Earth Day — a day to celebrate the planet while raising awareness about environmental protection issues.
How you choose to celebrate Earth Day is up to you, but here are nine awesome freebies and great deals you can check out on Saturday:
- National Park Service: Celebrate Earth Day in one of our nation’s beautiful national parks. The National Park Service is waiving entrance fees at all national parks and landmarks on April 22 and 23.
- Wegmans: Bring in some plastic bags to Wegmans on Earth Day and exchange them for a free reusable bag between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Evos: Get a free organic milkshake at Evos locations on April 22.
- BurgerFi: Purchase a burger at BurgerFi on Earth Day and get a plantable coaster to grow your own lettuce at home.
- Whole Foods: In celebration of Earth Day, Whole Foods Market stores are having a one-day sale on organic produce that lets you score $5 off a purchase of $25 or more of those fruits and veggies.
- Natural Grocers: From April 21 to April 23, Natural Grocers is featuring eight product vendors — including Wild Planet, Pacific Foods and Sweetwood Cattle Co. — that are committed to caring for and enhancing the environment. Earth Day customers will also get a free reusable shopping bag while supplies last, and you can participate in a seed-planting activity from noon to 4 p.m. on April 22 at Natural Grocers stores.
- Earth Origins Market: Grab your reusable bags and use them to shop at Earth Origins Market on April 22, and you’ll get a 25-cent discount per bag.
- Ikea: You can participate in a Sustainable Living Your Way workshop from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on April 22 at Ikea stores. The first 500 Ikea Family members in the door Saturday will receive a free two-pack of RYET 400-lumen LED light bulbs. You can also turn in gently used furniture Saturday to get $20 off a purchase of $150 or more.
- Target: You can get 10 percent off natural brands — like Toms, Meyer’s, Seventh Generation and Method — on Earth Day.
For more on this topic, check out “A Dozen Ways Going Green Will Save You Some Green.”
How do you plan on commemorating Earth Day this year? Sound off below or on Facebook.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.