The first Monday of every September is designated as Labor Day — a national holiday designed to honor the social and economic achievements of America’s workers.
Retailers have gotten in on the celebration by offering significant markdowns and big sales events all weekend long.
Here are some of the ways you can save on Labor Day:
- Amazon: Score up to 70 percent off select fashion items — including apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and kids — during Amazon’s Labor Day Fashion Sale. The e-commerce giant is also marking down electronics, DVDs, patriotic items and more.
- Walmart: The retail giant is offering huge discounts on mattresses, sports gear, patio and garden items, and clothing and jewelry during its Labor Day sales event. Click here for deals.
- The Children’s Place: You can score up to 50 to 70 percent off clearance items at TCP and savings of up to 50 percent off every item on its website. (Have I mentioned this is my absolute favorite children’s clothing retailer?) Plus, from now through Sept. 5, you get Double Cash Back at TCP! You’ll get $20 in “Place Cash” for every $20 you spend.
- Dell: Dell is offering savings of up to $500 on select Dell Outlet PCs and monitors during its Labor Day sales event. You can also score 15 percent off all memory, accessories, client storage and client networking items during the Labor Day sale.
- Victoria’s Secret: The women’s retailer is hosting a “panty party” this Labor Day weekend by offering seven pairs of panties for $27.50. It’s a great deal when you consider Victoria’s Secret typically charges up to $10.50 per single pair of women’s underwear.
- hhgregg: Check out hhgregg’s Labor Day sales event for great deals on electronics, washers and dryers, dishwashers, gas grills, vacuums, dining sets, couches, loveseats and more.
- Overstock: Take advantage of Overstock’s Labor Day Sale, which offers savings of up to 70 percent off area rugs, furniture, patio sets, lighting and home décor.
- Target: Save up to 30 percent off home items during Target’s Labor Day sales event.
- The Home Depot: Score 30 percent off appliances, five for $10 mulch, up to $40 off interior and exterior paint, $100 off a BBQ grill, and more during the Labor Day sale.
Don’t forget to check out your favorite retailers to see if they’re offering big discounts during the Labor Day weekend.
How do you plan on spending the long Labor Day holiday weekend? Sound off below or on Facebook.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.