Clothing retailers are laying bare their best deals of the year around Black Friday.
Shoppers will be able to stack coupons with sale prices while taking advantage of free shipping offers, predicts DealNews.com. Usually you get a stacking coupon or free shipping, not both, it says.
“The Black Friday season consistently delivers best-of-the-year sales from clothing stores at all ends of the price spectrum,” says the bargain-finding site and Money Talks News partner.
And you don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving. Many online merchants will launch discounts of 40 to 50 percent on Monday or Tuesday of Black Friday week, DealNews predicts. Last year, retailers who launched early included The Limited, Eddie Bauer and Original Penguin.
The best sales, DealNews says, will take up to 80 percent off, while the average will run about 54 percent. While the best coupons will take 60 percent off, it predicts, they will average 33 percent.
Black Friday’s most awesome markdowns likely will be on jackets for kids and adults, it says. Cyber Monday will include the best jewelry deals.
Among clothing special buys in Wal-Mart’s Black Friday ad, which the retailer released early:
- Men’s for $8.50 each: Starter tech fleece hoodies or pants, Wrangler fleece shirts and Fruit of the Loom underwear packs.
- Women’s for $8: Danskin Now tech hoodies or two-piece yoga sets, Riders by Lee fleece shirts and Faded Glory Leggings two-packs.
- Kids for $4.75: Boys’ or girls’ two-piece character sleep sets, Carters’ Child of Mine baby blanket sleepers and Healthtex plush two-piece sleep sets for infants and toddlers.
Black Friday ad leaks reveal:
- At Sears, boys’ Roebuck & Co. jeans and girls’ Canyon River Blues jeans, regularly $24 to $39, will be door busters for $9.99.
- Kohl’s, on top of offering $15 in gift cards for every $50 spent, is marking down kids Jumping Beans tops and bottoms to $5.99 from $16 and taking 60 percent off select outerwear.
- Macy’s Black Friday ad includes door busters that take 50 percent off men’s sport coats and suit separates by Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Calvin Klein as well as women’s and juniors’ collections from American Rag, Material Girl, XOXO, BCX, Jessica Simpson and more.
As Black Friday approaches, follow these tips to save top dollar:
- We’ll offer more information on specific stores for the best deals. So if you’re not already getting our updates, subscribe now.
- Remember when shopping online to always start with a rebate site. They can automatically earn you 3 to 15 percent. Our favorite is Ebates. Click the link, create a free account, get money back whenever you buy online.
- Meanwhile, Amazon is already rolling out its Black Friday deals on a daily basis. Click here to explore.
What’s your plan for shopping on and around Black Friday? Share with us in comments or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.