Photo (cc) by Nicola since 1972
Kitchen mixers, dishwashers and refrigerators may not sound like the sexiest deals around, but you can vacuum up some of the biggest savings of the season on this type of home goods on Black Friday.
“They see their best prices of the year during this time,” says DealNews.com. “You could potentially save hundreds on some big-ticket items.”
Expect Sears and Home Depot to take up to 80 percent off during Black Friday, says the bargain-scouring website and partner of Money Talks News. It also expects good deals at Target and Wal-Mart. If you need large appliances, also check for impressive deals at Best Buy and Amazon, it says.
For the kitchen, look for KitchenAid stand mixers starting at $141 and Pyrex cookware sets as low as $10, both after rebates, DealNews says.
It predicts Dyson vacuums starting at $199 for new models; $160, refurbished.
Among Black Friday ads leaked or released early are these door busters and other deals:
- Wal-Mart has a special buy on Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids 34-piece food storage sets at $7.50 each. For $9.72, you can choose a Farberware 1.1 liter deep fryer or two-slice toaster, a Black & Decker griddle or coffeemaker, a Crock-Pot 5-quart slow cooker, a 21-piece Better Homes and Gardens stainless mixing bowl set, an Aroma 14-cup rice cooker or an Oster eight-speed blender. A 5-cubic-foot Arctic King chest freezer is $124.
- Kohl’s takes 70 percent off a Basic Essentials 14-piece non-stick cookware set, offering it at $29.99 instead of its regular price of $99.99; vacuums from Dyson, Shark and Hoover are 20 to 50 percent off, but among the door busters is a Bissell PowerSwift Pet bagless vacuum at $49.99, about two-thirds off its regular price of $139.99.
- Target is offering a door buster for a Shark Steam Cleaner for hardwood floors at half off, or $49.99. It also has Fieldcrest Luxury 600-thread-count, 100 percent Egyptian cotton sheet sets at $34.99.
- Best Buy offers a Samsung 28-inch Smart HDTV with the purchase of a Samsung major appliance of $649 or more, including a Samsung 28.2 cubic foot, four-door, French Door smart refrigerator for $2,099.00, or $1,500 off.
As Black Friday approaches, follow these tips to save top dollar:
- We’ll offer more information on specific stores for the best deals. So if you’re not already getting our updates, subscribe now.
- Remember when shopping online to always start with a rebate site. They can automatically earn you 3 to 15 percent. Our favorite is Ebates. Click the link, create a free account, get money back whenever you buy online.
- Meanwhile, Amazon is rolling out its Black Friday deals daily. Click here to explore.
What’s your plan for shopping on and around Black Friday? Share with us in comments or on our Facebook page.