This post comes from partner site WhistleOut.
If you’re considering switching carriers, now’s the time to do it.
Sprint’s offering new customers a year of free calls, texts and unlimited data — a savings of $50 a month for one person or $190 a month (over $2000 a year) for a family of five. But you’ll have to act fast and sign up by June 30.
How it works
Between now and June 30, anyone who switches to Sprint from Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile can get up to 5 free lines of unlimited data for a year. Keep your phone and number, all you have to do is purchase a new SIM card. (Not sure how SIMs work? No worries, we’ve got an easy guide to help you out). Plus the $30 activation fee is waived.
The finer print…
- The free year of service expires July 31, 2018 when you’ll be charged $60 a month for the first line, $40 a month for the second line, and $30 a month for each additional line. (For a family of four, count on paying $160 a month.)
- You must own your phone in full and only eligible phones qualify for this offer (qualifying devices are listed below)
- Autopay enrollment is required
- SIM card ($2.99) purchase is also required. (There’s a $10 shipping and handling fee if you order online)
Sprint Unlimited Data Plan: Need-to-Knows
Plan includes unlimited talk, text and data. However, after you have used 22GB of high-speed data in a month, speed can be temporarily slowed during times of high network traffic (data deprioritization).
What other goodies to do you get?
- 10GB of high speed hot spot data
- High definition video streaming
- International roaming which includes 2G data and text messaging in over 165 countries
These are the devices eligible for this offer:
- Apple iPhone 5C (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 5S (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6S
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus
- Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
- Apple iPhone SE
- Google Nexus 5 (Verizon only)
- Google Nexus 5X
- Google Nexus 6
- Google Nexus 6P
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Motorola E4
- Motorola Z2 Play
- Motorola G4
- Motorola G4 Play
- Motorola G4 Plus
- Motorola G5 Plus
- Motorola X Pure Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition
Do you feel you are overpaying for your cellphone plan? Ready for a switch? Share with us in comments below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.