Music and nightlife
The wildly popular Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (April 15-17 and April 22-24) is a big draw. Nearly 200,000 tickets were sold in 2015 and advance tickets for this year sold out in a few hours in January 2016. The Desert Sun lists possible (pricey) alternative ways to find tickets.
If you can’t get in, though, don’t worry. There are a lot of other ways to have fun:
- USA Today lists the 10 best spots for live music, from pubs and bars to special events.
- Search for concerts at Eventful. See who’s playing live music at popular venues, including Blue Coyote Grill, Las Casuelas Terraza, Melvyn’s Restaurant and the Village Pub.
- Check Palm Springs Life’s event calendar to learn what’s going on and find the magazine’s dozen favorite nightlife spots.
- Get your karaoke fix at Peabody’s Cafe on weekend evenings.
- Palm Springs.com, the visitors’ center site, has a wealth of tips and ideas.