1. Clean stuff
Using baking soda is a great way to clean a lot of stuff around your house:
- Wash dishes. Mix a little baking soda in water to wash dishes while camping.
- Shine stainless steel. Use a damp sponge and soda to clean stainless steel appliances.
- Remove water stains on wood. Somebody forget to use a coaster? Gently rub a baking soda paste on the surface, then wipe off.
- Clean silver. Use a soft cloth or clean sponge to rub paste onto tarnished silver. Rinse well, then dry with a dish towel.
- Brighten brass. Sprinkle baking soda onto a lemon wedge to clean and shine brass objects.
- Soften stickers. A baking soda paste will take care of gummy residue left by adhesive labels or stickers.