Most any room of the house
We weren’t kidding when we said vinegar can save you money in every room of your home. Take these eight applications for example:
- Mop floors: Use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water. The vinegar smell will dissipate, but you also can add a drop or two of essential oil to the water.
- Make your own all-purpose cleaner: That 50/50 mix of vinegar and water also works on counters, stovetops and the range hood, as well as bathroom fixtures and tile.
- Clear drains: Tap half a cup of baking soda down the drain, then pour in half a cup of vinegar. Enjoy the fizzing and bubbling for a few minutes. Follow with a teakettle’s worth of boiling water, then let hot water from the tap run down the drain for a while.
- Clean mirrors and windows: Mix vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean mirrors and windows.
- Clean filters: Soak humidifier or air conditioner filters in a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. Then, rinse and dry well.
- De-gum scissors: Wipe gummy blades with undiluted vinegar.
- Remove adhesive: Remove stickers and their residue by wiping with vinegar.
- Kill ants: That vinegar-and-Dawn-dish-soap cleaner you use on bathroom soap scum also vanquishes uninvited guests that march into your home. This mixture is a lot less worrisome than spraying a pesticide ant killer around the area where your kids and pets play, and around the areas where you prepare food.