They may not be as flashy or stylish as their high-spending friends, but savers have a sex appeal that’s all their own. Here are six reasons to give savers a second look (and maybe a wink).
Author Archives: Kentin Waits
My dad was a child of the Great Depression. And though there were many families worse off than his, he learned tough financial lessons that stayed with him for a lifetime.
I’ve sat on both sides of the customer service line — taking abuse from callers and getting angry at unmotivated CS reps too. Here are some lessons I’ve learned that can help you.
If you’ve never heard of superfoods, it might be time to get acquainted with these power-packed staples of good health.
Graduation is a time of exciting possibilities, high expectations … and new financial realities. Get off on the right foot and build a brighter future with these seven saving strategies.
Few things we write have as much potential value as a well-crafted cover letter. If you’re in the job market now or plan to be, here are seven tips to take your cover letter from tired to hired.
A hiccup in your employment history doesn’t have to signal slackerdom. Take control of how you present the highs — and the lows — of your professional experience.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 18 Christmas Gifts for the Travel Lover on Your List
- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Dec. 20
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The Most Irritating Airline Passengers Have Been Identified
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way