This week: Fun but frugal holiday activities, why procrastinators shouldn’t delay planning for the holidays, not fretting about getting out of debt, why value matters, and 15 ways to save on wrapping paper.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
Online budgeting sites Mint and PowerWallet require that you enter your most personal financial information, including bank user names and passwords. Can these sites be trusted?
If you get sick, hopefully you have health insurance to pay your medical bills. But if you can’t work, what’s going to replace your income?
This week: How to look rich on Facebook, the case against downsizing, decluttering your stuffed animals, financial issues your parents didn’t have to deal with, and the cure for aging.
Are you being bombarded with ads from agencies wanting to help you out of a debt jam? Ignore them. Read this instead.
This week: Why you should screw around at work, how to set up an HSA, keys to a comfortable retirement, maxing out your savings on a small salary, and why you should never co-sign loans.
Here’s a little something to think about as you sit down with your family today: When you’re on your deathbed, you won’t think of the things you had, but the times you had.
- You Can Battle Hair Loss, But It’s Not Cheap
- Mortgage Servicer Slapped for Fake ‘Equity Accelerator’ Program
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
- Rents Won’t Drop Soon — Just the Opposite, Experts Say
- Super Bowl Commercials to Break Key Barrier
- Say Goodbye to These 4 eBay Features
- Successfully Negotiate Your Medical Bills in 7 Simple Steps
- Can Hormone Therapy Turn Back the Ticking Clock?
- Now Might Be the Best Time to Upgrade Your Apple iPhone
- How Marital Status Affects Your Car Insurance Bill
- Ask Stacy: What Happens If My Investment Account Is Hacked?
- Why Even the Wealthy are Biting Their Nails Over Retirement
- Move to This State and Improve Your Financial Health
- Products That Keep Pets Safe When They Ride in Your Car
- 8 Steps to Save Big at CVS
- Love vs. Loans: How Student Debt Sabotages Relationships
- 10 Ways to Fight High Medical Bills
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls 1.4 Million Vehicles Vulnerable to Hackers
- Rich Kids Have It Better — and Poor Kids Worse — Than We Thought
- Tricks of the Trade: Secrets the Cruise Lines Don’t Want You to Know