A new Zillow report says high rents will keep many from being able to save up to buy their first home.
Search Results for mortgage
In prior stories, we’ve covered blatant rule violations by lenders and the lawyers they hired to process foreclosures. Turns out some of the lawyers defending hapless homeowners may also be more interested in money than justice.
Even with student debt weighing them down, some millennials have still managed to buy homes. Here’s how they’re doing it.
You may be surprised at how much (or how little) you need to earn in order to purchase an average home in the U.S.
Experian shares some finding from its analysis of data from 750,000 credit reports.
With a hot housing market, you may find yourself in a bidding war for a new home. There are ways to arm yourself to help you win.
Can you make thousands in less than an hour? It’s possible, simply by shopping services and interest rates! The links below will help you find a lower cost mortgage, credit cards with better rates and rewards, lower insurance premiums and … Continued
We were one of the first news organizations in the country to disclose the ongoing foreclosure fiasco. The firm at the heart of our story is now losing a ton of business.
A new survey reveals that 18 percent of Americans think they’ll be saddled with debt for the rest of their lives.
The housing market is on the upswing in many parts of the country and, for many prospective homeowners, now is a great time to buy. Are you ready?
Thinking of buying a home? Before you hit the streets to start looking, look at these rules – they’ll make you a smarter home shopper and better homeowner.
The nation’s ongoing housing crisis has many would-be homeowners looking for the bargain of a lifetime. One way of buying cheap is foreclosures… another is with a short sale. But what is a short-sale and how does it work?
A new employment outlook survey reveals the best (and worst) cities for job seekers in the first quarter of next year.
Ready for a pop quiz? Here’s a quick test to see how wise you are when it comes to money.
In a recent Gallup poll, 47 percent of Americans wanted their congressional representatives to vote against raising the debt ceiling – only 19 percent were for it. What are they thinking?
Is it worth it to use a credit card that earns you frequent flyer miles? Should you use an interest-bearing checking account? Are extended warranties worth the money?
Having debt you can’t pay is taxing. But as it turns out, walking away from your debts can be even more taxing. Thinking of debt settlement? Read this first.
What happens if you’re renting a house but the owner goes into foreclosure? If you’re not careful, you can be out on the streets in 24 hours. Follow these tips for staying put.
Although education debt can be an obstacle to homeownership, it may not be as bad as it seems.
Zillow rates the top cities where mom-and-pop landlords can really rake in the dough each month.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way