- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- The Most Expensive NFL Tickets
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
- Obamacare Open Enrollment is Coming: 5 Things You Need to Know
With prices rising on just about everything these days, finding bargains is more important than ever. Maybe that explains the popularity of dollar stores: store where everything costs a buck or less. But not every dollar item is a deal. Here are the five best…
Cleaning supplies – Look for products like laundry detergent and liquid drain opener. You may not see name brands you recognize, but that’s ok. The Good Housekeeping Institute says most dollar store cleaning products have the same ingredients as name brands — although some may be slightly more diluted.
Gift wrap, tissue, ribbons, bows – You can save a pretty penny shopping for gift wrappings. In fact, you might find this stuff at up to 80% less.
Snack food – Check out potato chips, peanuts, chocolate and candy. Hey, if you’re heading for big dental bills, might as well save a buck or two on the causes.
Dollar store shampoo – Hair care experts say most shampoos will clean your hair just fine – there’s only minor differences in a brand’s ingredients and concentration.
Kitchen supplies – Spatulas… measuring cups… can openers… melon ballers… skewers for the grill: basically anything without a blade is a dollar store deal — that could save you up to 95%!
Many dollar stores get their items from manufacturers or wholesalers who produce products just for them. That means you might be able to get variety and serious savings all at once.