- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- The Restless Project: How Much Money Do You Really Need? Let’s start with $100K
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Want to Improve Your Health? Contribute to a 401(k)
- Pop Quiz: Terrorists Destroy Your Home. Will the Insurance Company Pay?
- Millennials Are Best About Paying Their Mortgages on Time
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
Selling your existing home, moving somewhere new and setting up house all over again. That’s a big decision for anyone, but a major one when you’re in your golden years. But now there’s a group that claims they can help.
When David McConnell was ready to retire and make a major move from D.C. down to Florida, he found Senior Real Estate Specialist Jim Johnson. Jim found the retirement home David wanted – FAST!
“I got here at 5PM on a Sunday afternoon, and purchased this place at 10AM Monday morning.”
Sure, any good realtor should be able to do that, but Jim says the big difference is the extra education in laws and systems that benefit folks over the age of 50.
“A Senior Real Estate Specialist is trained to be an Estate Planner, although we’re NOT estate planners… we know the legal aspects, although we’re not attorneys…”
-Jim Johnson, SRES / R & S Reality Group
He finds ways for senior clients to save money and make money, like safely using equity in a paid-off home. He refers clients to a wide network of trusted senior experts like Financial Planners, Elder Law attorneys, Handymen, and even morticians. In fact, David credits Jim with helping him find doctors, a dentist, long-term care insurance and more:
“He even introduced me to some friends that played cards … and it’s been great having that resource to call on when I need anything!”
So if you’re in the market to move in your golden years, a SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist) could be just the ticket. But don’t ever rely on any initials until you’ve totally vetted them.