- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
Bet you didn’t know this is America Saves Week. Sure, it’s a manufactured holiday you’ve never heard of, but it has its own website and it’s a good cause: “During America Saves Week, individuals will be encouraged and assisted to assess their savings progress and take action to advance this progress.”
Sadly, a new report came out this week that shows Americans aren’t celebrating this week as they should. The fourth annual survey from the American Savings Education Council [PDF] shows a slight drop among Americans who spend less than they earn and save the difference – from 73 percent last year to 71 percent this year.
“Developing a savings plan is key to reaching your savings goals,” says Ken McDonnell, director of the American Savings Education Council. Well, Money Talks News has been preaching that for years. In honor of America Saves Week, here are our top 10 greatest tips…
- The 10 Golden Rules of Saving on Everything
- 28 Tasty Tips to Save on Food
- 18 Tips to Dress for Less
- 28 Ways to Save on Gas
- 5 Tips to Save on Rent
- Saving Money on Drugs
- Penny Pinching Your Pet Expenses
- 26 Ways to Save on Entertainment
- 16 Tips to Save on Home Remodeling
- 12 Things People Buy They Could Get Free