- Los Angeles Is the Latest City to Consider a Minimum Wage Hike
- Corporate Taxes Are 10 Percent of Federal Revenue, Down from 30 Percent
- Spare Tires Are Disappearing From New Cars
- Ask Stacy: How Am I Supposed to Live on Social Security?
- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- 32 Clever Uses for Coffee Filters Other Than Making Coffee
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
Bet you didn’t know this is America Saves Week. Sure, it’s a manufactured holiday you’ve never heard of, but it has its own website and it’s a good cause: “During America Saves Week, individuals will be encouraged and assisted to assess their savings progress and take action to advance this progress.”
Sadly, a new report came out this week that shows Americans aren’t celebrating this week as they should. The fourth annual survey from the American Savings Education Council [PDF] shows a slight drop among Americans who spend less than they earn and save the difference – from 73 percent last year to 71 percent this year.
“Developing a savings plan is key to reaching your savings goals,” says Ken McDonnell, director of the American Savings Education Council. Well, Money Talks News has been preaching that for years. In honor of America Saves Week, here are our top 10 greatest tips…
- The 10 Golden Rules of Saving on Everything
- 28 Tasty Tips to Save on Food
- 18 Tips to Dress for Less
- 28 Ways to Save on Gas
- 5 Tips to Save on Rent
- Saving Money on Drugs
- Penny Pinching Your Pet Expenses
- 26 Ways to Save on Entertainment
- 16 Tips to Save on Home Remodeling
- 12 Things People Buy They Could Get Free