- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
A few weeks ago I got an email announcing a nationwide video contest sponsored by American Airlines. The contest — called “Flights. Camera. Action.” — asked for one-minute videos from small businesses describing a trip that changed the course of their business.
On a lark, I decided to enter. That same morning, I wrote a quick script, then Money Talks News videographer Aaron Freeman and I went to the local airport and shot it. The whole process took about three hours.
Next thing you know, we’re one of nine national finalists in the “established” category for companies in business for five or more years. But in order to win, we need votes!
Make us a winner — you could be one too
I’m proud of the video we did. You can check it out, along with those from the other finalists, by going to this page of the American Airlines website. It won’t take long. The videos are only a minute each.
The winner gets enough American Airlines Business ExtrAA points for up to 30 flights, along with some publicity and other goodies. But those doing the voting can win, too. Voting for a video automatically enters you in a contest to win 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage points — enough for a free flight.
You get one vote a day per email account. Voting ends Sept. 26.
Take a quick look at our video, and if you like what you see, please vote for it and ask your friends to vote for it too. I’d really appreciate it!