- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
- 1 in 4 Jobs in the US Are Low-Paying
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- Could Europe’s Ongoing Economic Troubles Affect Your Retirement?
- A Typo Can Get Your Resume Tossed in the Trash
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
A few weeks ago I got an email announcing a nationwide video contest sponsored by American Airlines. The contest — called “Flights. Camera. Action.” — asked for one-minute videos from small businesses describing a trip that changed the course of their business.
On a lark, I decided to enter. That same morning, I wrote a quick script, then Money Talks News videographer Aaron Freeman and I went to the local airport and shot it. The whole process took about three hours.
Next thing you know, we’re one of nine national finalists in the “established” category for companies in business for five or more years. But in order to win, we need votes!
Make us a winner — you could be one too
I’m proud of the video we did. You can check it out, along with those from the other finalists, by going to this page of the American Airlines website. It won’t take long. The videos are only a minute each.
The winner gets enough American Airlines Business ExtrAA points for up to 30 flights, along with some publicity and other goodies. But those doing the voting can win, too. Voting for a video automatically enters you in a contest to win 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage points — enough for a free flight.
You get one vote a day per email account. Voting ends Sept. 26.
Take a quick look at our video, and if you like what you see, please vote for it and ask your friends to vote for it too. I’d really appreciate it!